Thursday, October 25, 2018

Sonatas of Grace

The series I'm writing is called Sonatas of Grace. I chose the title for two main reasons. First, music features very heavily in the novels, as two of the main characters are master musicians. The second reason I chose "Sonatas" is because my favourite sonata (Ravel - for Violin and Cello) has four parts in it, and I've planned four novels for this series.

The series will work best if read in order. I'm keeping largely the same cast of characters through most of it (with each book slightly emphasizing several different characters, and each book having its own romantic subplot). There will be plot arcs that carry through the whole thing. But each book will have some particular arcs of their own, enough so that you've felt like you've read a novel, not just part of a soap opera serial. We will meet new characters as the series goes on, but the old ones won't fade out completely. It is my hope that you will be as compelled to read about these characters as I was to write about them, and that you will want to keep turning the pages (or scrolling) to find out what happens to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment